Maintaining your John Deere equipment is essential to ensuring that it can operate smoothly for years to come. With this in mind, John Deere developed a simple way to change oil with its Easy Change™ 30-Second Oil Change System. This system, which is available on select lawn tractors, allows customers to change oil by simply twisting on a new cartridge that contains both the oil and the filter – no engine oil drainage required.
“Our main priority is to provide an easy and hassle-free experience for owners to maintain their lawn tractors,” said Kirk Eisenbeis, product marketing manager for John Deere. “The ability to change oil easily, quickly, and without a mess is really appealing to people who don’t have traditional oil change experience.”
How Does the John Deere 30-second Oil Change Work?
To get the most out of their John Deere Easy Change oil system, operators must understand how it actually works. Luckily, ease of use was the top consideration when designing this offering, ensuring that anybody can change the oil in their lawn tractor by taking just a few actions.
Let’s take a look at the basic steps required to utilize the John Deere Easy Change 30-Second Oil Change System.
- Before you begin, read all of the safety information that comes with your equipment and ensure that you understand signal words (e.g., danger, warning, caution).
- To start, make sure your lawn tractor is parked on firm ground. Set the parking brake and lower the mower deck before removing the key from the ignition.
- Ensure that the engine is cool before you prepare to change your oil.
- Open the hood and disconnect the spark plug wire.
- Unbox the John Deere Easy Change oil filter. Write your service date and hours on the new filter before you install it in your equipment. Then, take off the rubber cap.
- To remove the existing filter, simply push and rotate the canister 90 degrees counter-clockwise. Once it’s loose, turn it to the upright position.
- To install the new canister, line up the lock symbol on the canister with the unlock symbol on the engine. Rotate the canister 90 degrees clockwise.
- To verify that your canister is properly installed, listen for a clicking sound and verify that the lock symbols are aligned.
- Check the oil level using the dip stick. Add oil if necessary.
- Reconnect the spark plug wire, then run your machine on idle to check for any leaks.
The John Deere Easy Change 30-Second Oil Change System is available on various 100 Series Riding Lawn Tractors, including the E120, E130, E150, E160, E170, and E180.
Watch the video below for more information.
If you have any questions about the John Deere Easy Change 30-Second Oil Change System, you can contact your local John Deere dealer.
If you enjoyed this post or want to read others, feel free to connect with us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or Instagram!