When operators are creating a tank mix, one easy way to complete the task is with the Operations Center from John Deere.
Here is how tank mixes can be created directly from the Operations Center quickly and efficiently.
- Open Product Manager from your Tools menu in the Operations Center. This will open all current products in your organization.
- There are two different methods for creating a tank mix. The first method involves selecting the products you want to include from the list and clicking the “Generate Tank Mix” button.
- Upon clicking the “Generate Tank Mix” button, the tank mix creation tool will appear.
- The second method of creating a tank mix is to scroll up to the top of the Product Manager and select “Tank Mixes” from the dropdown menu.
- On this page, you will see an “Add a Tank Mix” button in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Clicking on this will bring up the tank mix creation tool – the same tool seen in the first method.
- To successfully create a tank mix, the overall solution rate must be entered.
- After the overall solution rate is entered, the next step is to select the products that will be included in the tank mix.
- Click the “Select Products” button to bring up your organization’s current products list. You can filter the list according to its type, such as herbicide, fungicide or fertilizer. You can also manually select a product by entering its name in the search bar.
- When you choose a product from the list, it will be placed in the “Cart” on the right-hand side of the screen. Once you are finished selecting products, click “Save” to return to the tank mix creator.
- Define the application rate and the rate units for each product.
- Select a carrier. The carrier application rate will be automatically calculated based on your selection.
- You can use the optional tank mix calculator to determine how much of each product to add to the tank based on your tank size and the previously inputted rates.
- When you are finished, name your tank mix. A name is necessary before you can save your tank mix and return to it at a later time.
- Selecting a tank mix from your list of mixes will give you different options to edit the information you previously inputted. You can also click on the arrow beside the name of the tank mix to simply display the products included in that specific mix.
Watch the video below for more information about successfully creating a tank mix with the John Deere Operations Center.
To learn more about creating a tank mix from the John Deere Operations Center, you can contact your local John Deere dealer.