With the John Deere C850 Air Cart, operators can cover approximately 170 acres per fill and easily seed a quarter section without needing to stop. The C850 Air Cart is the largest model John Deere offers, and it strikes the perfect balance between cart, tractor, tool size, and precision ag technology.
The John Deere AirPower™ 2 system uses two separate, high-capacity fans – one for seed and one for fertilizer. Together, they can deliver 550 pounds of material to all eight primary lines. This means great consistency across the drill, uniform seed emergence, and even flowering and copy development.
But, how do you load the cart without moving the grain truck?
- Refer to your operator’s manual for all safety guidelines prior to operation.
- Place the conveyance system into a tank-loading position.
- Back the grain truck up to the low-profile hopper. Ensure that the hopper is lined up with the middle tank. This will allow you to place the spouts in all four tanks without moving the hopper.
- Move the primary and secondary arms of the conveyance system using your remote. This will put you in a position to lower the spout after the tank has been filled.
- Notice the movement of the secondary arm. It will have adequate movement for filling the rear tank when the hopper is accurately positioned in line with the middle tank.
- Continue to use the remote to maneuver the primary and secondary arms to fill each tank.
- For more insight into loading your tanks, refer to your operator’s manual or contact your local John Deere dealership.
The John Deere C850 Air Cart has four tanks in total, including a 50-bushel low-rate tank, for a total 850-bushel capacity. This is 55 percent larger than John Deere’s previous cart. However, the C850 is substantially less weight, meaning horsepower requirements are reduced. In turn, this results in less compaction and better floatation for operators. Producers will enjoy uniform seed emergence while still covering a large number of acres in between fills.
The conveyer belt and tube are wider than before, meaning product can be moved as fast as 100 bushels per minute. As a result, all four tanks can be filled in under 10 minutes for maximum efficiency.
If you have questions on a John Deere C850 Air Cart or any of its features, contact your local John Deere dealer.