Thanks to adjustments made by John Deere, the 100 and 200 Series lawn tractors now have the ability to communicate with mobile devices via the MowerPlus Hour Meter Connector. With this addition, Bluetooth technology allows operators to keep track of their lawn tractors right at their fingertips. With the MowerPlus smartphone app, operators can view a summary of their current mowing session with average speed, area covered and other real-time statistics. In addition, homeowners can get a better idea of how long it’s been since they last mowed.
“Mowing the lawn is so much more than just making tall grass short,” said Kevin Duax, product line planner, John Deere. “With our MowerPlus app, homeowners can easily refer to expert tips and historical data to ensure efficient and effective lawn upkeep.”
The app can also be used to track usage hours and maintenance intervals and provide service tips for proper care of lawn equipment. It offers step-by-step instructions for simple fixes when needed, and homeowners can contact their local John Deere dealer through the app as well.
Let’s take a look at how you can install a John Deere MowerPlus Hour Meter Connector to your piece of equipment and begin using the MowerPlus smartphone app for added convenience.
- Begin by parking your tractor safely on flat ground with the engine off and the parking brake set. The deck should be down, and the key should be removed.
- Disconnect the spark plug wires.
- Remove the wire harness from the ignition switch and connect the wire harness to the meter connector from the kit.
- Plug the hour meter module firmly into the ignition switch. Make sure you hear a click to ensure that the connection is fully intact.
- Connect the hour meter module to the ignition switch. Then, reconnect the spark plug wires and close the hood.
- Download the John Deere MowerPlus app on your phone.
- Add your specific tractor to your profile an follow the instructions on the screen for setting up your hour meter connector.
- Turn the key on to the run position. Your equipment is now fully equipped with the MowerPlus Hour Meter Connector.
If you have any questions about the John Deere MowerPlus Hour Meter Connector or the MowerPlus app, you can contact your local John Deere dealer.
If you enjoyed this post or want to read others, feel free to connect with us on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter!