As the longest and coldest winter days approach and the snow begins to fall, it’s time to rev up the engine on your John Deere riding mower. While these pieces of equipment are ideal for the warmer months performing lawn-care duties and tackling yard-work tasks, they can quickly become a residential home owner’s best friend, clearing areas that may quickly be inundated by snowfall.
So, as fall comes to a close, the grass has been cut, and the leaves have been removed from the yard, be sure to keep your John Deere riding mower in a spot where it can be easily accessed, as it’s only a snow plow attachment away from being a snow removal workhorse during even the toughest conditions. These snow removal and snow plow attachments may include any of the following:
- Basic Snow Blade for Plowing: Snow blade attachments are similar to snow plows on trucks, but are perfect for clearing medium amounts of snowfall.
- Markers: Heavy snow can make it hard to see the edges of your snow blade when plowing. Adding markers to your blade will make it easier to see the edges and remain in control of your blade, especially when using it as a snow plow.
- Poly Wear Bars: Attaching a wear bar allows operators to plow snow with confidence.
- Deflector Shield: Snow can climb up over the snow plow and into the windshield without a deflector shield.
- Rubber Squeegees: Adding squeegees to Gator blades make it easier to plow snow from fragile surfaces which could be damaged from the composition of a metal blade.
- Skid Shoes: Cast-iron shoes let operators utilize the machine with three times the wear resistance that standard steel shoes provide.
- Lawn Tractor Snow Blower: These snow blowers are perfect for landowners in all regions where snow and plowing may be a problem.
- Quick-Hitch Snow Blowers: Similar to other snow blowers, this attachment is a perfect solution for homeowners.
- Brooms: Another snow removal attachment is a snow broom. John Deere snow brooms have many features that are great for homeowners.
(54-inch snow blower compatible with various X700 riding mowers)
(54-inch snow blower compatible with X700 series riding mowers)
(44-inch front blade compatible with X320, X305R, and X304 riding mowers)
(44-inch snow blower compatible with X500 and a multiple X300 series riding mowers)
(49-inch front blade compatible with various X100, X300, and X500 series riding mowers)
(Additional image of the 49-inch front blade attachment)
(47-inch front broom with debris catcher compatible with various X300 riding mowers)
(48-inch front blade compatible with X540 and X534 riding mowers)
(54-inch front blade equipped on a X729 riding mower)
(60-inch HD rotary broom compatible with X700 series riding mowers)
We hope these images have served as a reminder of how helpful John Deere riding mowers can be when snow plows are needed this winter. John Deere riding mowers are not only efficient pieces of equipment for work around the house in the warmer months, so be sure to keep your mower in a safe, easy-to-access location this winter.