John Deere wheel loaders are specifically designed to help customers move everything from rocks to piping, and the goal is to allow them to do it with ease. These machines are meant to give operators the opportunity to save time and boost efficiency when it comes to all of the tasks on the job site. That being said, there are always tips and tricks customers could be using for material movement with their wheel loader.
Let’s take a look at some of the most commonly used tips for material movement and how they can help out in the field.
- Scale the job site to determine where the excavation will be before digging. The materials should be placed nearby, but not in the way of excavation equipment.
- If laying sewer pipe, stone piles may be required and should be kept in the biggest piles possible Too many small piles leads to excess waste of stone when trying to carry it to the pipe bedding.
- Material piles should be kept on high ground whenever possible. This will prevent operators from having to work in wet conditions. If it rains, water will not pool around the material and become inaccessible.
- When seeking a location for material and pipe storage, operators should consider how long it will take to use them up. Ideally, this location should be highly accessible to avoid moving materials around the jobsite multiple times. An ideal storage location will increase pipe production by reducing travel times and material waste.
- Operators should keep in mind that it’s easier to bring pipe and materials in from the direction the machine is digging. Bringing materials in from where the excavator has been means that operators have to navigate past backfill machines and spoil piles.
John Deere wheel loaders feature a wide range of horsepower, bucket capacities, and precision technology to help customers get the job done in a wide range of conditions. Operators can also opt for Connected Support to always have a dealer on standby whenever troubleshooting their machinery. With John Deere wheel loaders, equipment is one less thing construction managers have to worry about while out in the field.
If you have any questions about John Deere wheel loaders or material movement, you can contact your local John Deere dealer.