The John Deere 110 Garden Tractor and Memorabilia
Folks collect all kinds of stuff these days. Even vintage garden tractors.
Last Saturday (November 5, 2011) in the southeastern Pennsylvania town of Mt. Wolf, a unique collection of restored and original vintage John Deere lawn and garden tractors were up for sale. Some awfully interesting sale prices I thought. Here are a few highlights:
* 1963 JD 110 garden tractor, restored, 3 speed, square mower deck: $2,300
* 1969 JD 110 blue patio garden tractor, original, white deck: $1,900
* 1976 JD 300 garden tractor with mower deck: $1,000
* 1966 JD 60 garden tractor with snowblower: $750
* JD No. 50 lawn cart, original: $225
* JD No. 80 lawn cart, original: $600
* Four-legged John Deere Lawn & Garden sign: $700
* Two-legged John Deere Lawn & Garden sign: $475
I posted a pic of the restored 1963 John Deere 110 garden tractor on my Machinery Pete Facebook page last week before the auction. Seemed to strike a nerve, as it generated the most instant feedback of anything I’ve posted on Facebook this year. Amazing. Kind of like looking at a little piece of our history…a beautiful vintage lawn mower, 48 years old. Imagine cutting the grass with that beauty back when JFK was president.
I also found the pair of vintage John Deere Lawn & Garden signs to be quite interesting. The four legged Deere sign went for $700, while the two-legged Deere sign brought $475. Guess the extra two legs are worth $225 🙂
About Machinery Pete: Greg “Machinery Pete” Peterson has been working in the agricultural industry for 21 years and details agricultural equipment prices and trends at his website, Machinerypete.com. Greg also writes columns for Successful Farming magazine, Implement & Tractor magazine, Agriculture.com web site and also appears on the Machinery Show on RFD-TV.